Sunday, January 29, 2006

Catching up

How’s life? I’ve been on a reading and writing blog vacation of late. For those of you who have commented – thanks! My lack of reply is not because I am ignoring you … I am just ignoring my blog in general.

My world has been a little busy and I was in Dallas with Andrea and some close friends from work for the last couple of days for a conference. The running is getting better. I’ve run some this week and I ran 10 this morning. It almost felt normal but still not as well as I felt premarathon.

Running right now seems kind of aimless. The miles I run are not specific to training for an upcoming race so they feel somewhat useless. I am relearning to run for the joy of running rather than for the purpose of training for a race. It is a good mental discipline.

I am thinking about running a 15-mile trail race in March.



Also there is a possibility I may go hike the foothills of the Himalayas in Nepal in May as part of a mission trip. That will be too cool. Plans are not finalized yet but the trip organizers want people who are in decent shape so running is once again serving me well.